Monday, August 22, 2011

Ogre Flesh

So I've recently decided to pick up my game and get cracking on some Ogres.

I figure that the main reason I never complete an army is because I get daunted by how much I have to do and end up getting distracted by something else before I finish anything.

Solution = An army that averages 45-50 points per model :)

If I'm lucky then my Ogres will actually be an attainable goal for me and give me something to game with while working on the fifty other army/projects I'm working on.

I was blown away by the new pics of the Ogres (a nice compilation on which is on Dave Taylor's Blog) and I decided to try out the flesh tones myself.

This is what I managed during the second hour of Underbelly last night:



I'll put up a full step by step after I finish off an entire 'mini' but here is the overview.


1:2      Warlock Purple:Calthan Brown (Flat base coat)
1:2:1   Warlock Purple:Calthan Brown:Tallarn Flesh (Feathered)
3:4:1   Chaos Black:Warlock Purple:Calthan Brown (Focussed wash in the crevasses between the muscles)
1:2:2   Warlock Purple:Calthan Brown:Tallarn Flesh (Feathered)
Fine Highlight - Tallarn Flesh (Feathered, very sparse)
Final Edge Highlight - Elf Flesh (4, maybe 5 strokes in total over the entire arm)


Let me know what you think. Any feedback would be great :)

Little Max

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome mate!
    Now I'm not sure if I should keep my current scheme or do them like yours. I have some of the old scheme mixed up still but will need to find the receipe for it.
    Really keen to slap some paint on some minis when I get back!

    ReplyDelete