Friday, March 19, 2010

Tau Suit Conversion - WIP

Hey everyone!

I've been away from the blogosphere for some time now but that doesn't mean that the hobby ball has stopped rolling!

I've been working pretty hard on my Imperial fists lately and decided it was time for a bit of a break, so I decided to start working on my next major army project - Tau :)

(Prototype Battlesuit with Twin-Linked Flamer + Missile Pod)

I've always been a Tau player at heart ever since they landed in 2001 though ever since Forge World started releasing new Battlesuits I realised the inadequacies of the standard 'blockiness' of the 'off the shelf' Tau Suits.
I've seen many Suit conversions over the years and only a handful of those 'Tyranid-to-Imperial Guard' bit bashed minis took my fancy as actually looking any good.

One of the suits that stood out to me was a conversion by Tael where he quite nicely streamlined the XV8 Jet Pack.

(Converted "Stealth XV8" by Tael)

I'm attempting to replicate this style of streamlined Jet Pack into my XV8 Twin-Linked Flamer team though making my own modifications to the rest of the Suit including scratch built Flamers (I really dislike the standard flamers in the box).

(Prototype Head)


Hopefully he'll be finished some time soon with another two to follow him :)
Keep posted as I'll be putting up a conversion guide after i finish my prototype and have the willpower to slow down and take a photo for each step of Suit no. 2 :)


Little Max

2 comments:

  1. Hey man,
    Awesome looking stuff there. You know I need to get a hand with these when I do mine.

    you should check out http://tauofwar.blogspot.com/

    he's just put up another awesome looking suit conversion that you might like. Another kindred tau spirit me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this blog, i think is very interesting, most of all for the new ideas that this blog talk. I must to say it catche my attention since the first time that i read it.
    costa rica homes for sale

    ReplyDelete