Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Playing with my Fist's Bitz

TeeHee...

First blog in a while so I'm trying something new! Testing out this blogging from my iPhone business and hopefully it'll work out ok :)

*amended* [failed horribly so I'm fixing it all up on a computer now :P]

Now, onto the bits we've all been waiting for (well I'd like to think some people out there like to wait for my blogs :P I know Dj-batman does at least)!


Despite being out of the blogging community for a couple of months I haven't stopped the hobby ball from rolling on. I managed to pump out a few minis, including having mostly finished my chaplain and polished off my dready!
Sadly I come to realise that starting a blog a week or so out of uni exams and starting a new job was probably not the best time to make promises of lots of shiny new toys for you all to enjoy :(... though now enough of my excuses and on to some classy and remorseless make-up/forgive me Sessions of Blogging ;)






I recently handled some rather interesting little bits... :) from GW that is (out of the gutter you)!
The other week i decided to buy each of the crimson fists bits packs to use on my yellow fellers to make them more like the fisty army they should be :)



The tank pack turned out surprisingly good actually. The bits weren't too oversized and had a great flat backside to them which was perfect for putting on a dreadnaught or tank :)





The end product is looking pretty promising :)
Particularly happy with the shoulder pads coming up with a bit more detail and I'm further trialing a tactical symbol mould on the right shoulder to add that tiny touch more detail to the flatness of the shoulders (Dj-batman suggested this to me so be sure to check out his Ultramarines too)!

More photos as they come :) and my scouties are nearly finished so keep an eye out for them...

Keep posted happy bloggers and more images shall follow in short order!

Little Max


4 comments:

  1. Of course I do Maxy....

    Gotta keep track of my competition for our hobby challenge. I think you're a bit ahead of me at the moment but February is going to be my catch up month! Lots of Hobby to come, and hopefully a few more posts too :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like that can turn out really neat. I wish I had gotten the fist extras before I started to build my guys so they will have to make do with crappy transfers.

    I did do some kustomizing on my assault marines though with assault markings (X with arrows), though I didn't do them with greenstuff. If you are curious look at my blog:) Maybe I will try greenstuff in the future.

    Go Dorn!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers :)

    The metal bitz are awesome. They make a huge change to the model and so worth the extra few dollars per unit.

    The green-stuff moulding works a charm :)

    I must say that those assault marines you have are looking rather snazzy if i do say so myself :) looking forward to seeing more fists out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should post some of more of your painted pics. And by that, I mean do exactly what you've said you will do :P

    ReplyDelete