Monday, January 25, 2010

Fisting up some Scouts

And so they are progressing...

I've finally got some pics of my scouts! :)


They have come along a bit since, so I'll be taking some photos of the completed minis some time in the near future :)










A couple of people also expressed a bit of interest in my yellow recipe so methinks I'll include that here too...

Here goes:
1. Iyanden Darksun (everywhere, a nice flat coat over everything, starting from white or black will come out the same but I use black as my base)

2. Gryphonne Sepia (wash heavily over everything to produce some nice shadows and yellow coloration)

3. 50/50 Iyanden Darksun/Gryphonne Sepia (layer over the dried wash and cover over most of the existing yellow, leaving a nice trasition between the wash and the new layer)

4. Iyanden Darksun (highlight broadly with this layer, grabbing almost all edges)

5. 50/50 Iyanden Darksun/Sunburst Yellow (highlight the top-facing edges of the armour)

6. Sunburst Yellow (final highlight around sharp edges and on the topmost surfaces of the armour for a nice, crisp yellow finish)

7. Admire the end result :)

Dj and I also did a fair chunk of hobby today, pushing out a number of tactical marines and doing some more touching up of my Chaplain in Terminator Armour.

I must say I really do enjoy having some Hobby Buddies to motivate me to get some hobby done!

Can't wait to have him finished up and ready for the table :)

Little Max

3 comments:

  1. A dark yellow. I like it. I like the shading you pull off, looks nice and smooth.

    And if I didn't play IF myself I'd give you a hard time about your subject:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I couldn't resist, it was all just too tempting :P

    I'll have some more picts up soon, so keep posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. I like your step 7. That's some thing you can certainly do with your scouts Looking so pretty. After I've done my blue boys I'm going to have to paint up five marines for myself because I like your colour scheme so much!

    ReplyDelete